Kik (KIN) developers have been migrating to the Solana (SOL) blockchain.
- Kik lost its $100M lawsuit against the SEC.
- In a blog dated Dec. 13, 2020, Kik's remaining developers announced that the KIN ecosystem's 50M accounts began migrating to Solana on Dec. 15, 2020, leaving Ethereum.
- KIN originally launched as an Ethereum-based ERC-20 token.
- KIN underwent a mainnet update on Dec. 14, 2020.
- KIN also admitted in its latest blog post that the Solana blockchain suffered unexpected downtime on Dec. 11, delaying final simulation tests related to the migration. Developers decided to proceed with the migration to Solana anyway.
- A federal judge ordered Kik Interactive to pay a civil penalty worth $5M to the SEC for violating securities laws.